Thursday, May 27, 2010

Teaching my first lesson and craft...

Today was another beautiful day at the orphanage. There were more older kids today because for some of them it was their last day of school. I was the one who got the opportunity to teach the lesson and was in charge of the craft. When made the Christian symboled bracelet with the 5 colors of beads (black=sin, yellow=Son of God, red=blood of Christ, white=purity, and green=growth). The lesson of course was telling what each color represented. The kids just loved the bracelets!

I was also able to get some pictures of and with the children at the orphanage today. They love to have their pictures taken, and take your camera and take pictures of the others for you! Next week I will get to see all 30 or so kids who live at the orphanage. By then all of them will be out of school.

As for the my work at the youth center, I think it is getting a little easier as far as just going up and start playing games with the kids. I always have a lot of fun. I learned how to play 2 new games today. That was kind of hard since I don't understand Russian very well (lol). However, the kids tried to speek as much English they knew, then I Russian, and the rest of the time we were communicating by hand motions. It was funny. Some of the games even got a little wild!

God bless,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment