Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ukraine, here I come!!

Well, to day is the big day! I will be leaving in 3 hours to head to Ft. Wayne to get on my first plane! How exciting!

Part of me can't really believe that this trip is happening. The other part of me does. It has just been an amazing journey this whole last school year.

Early in the fall I was struggling with the thought of going to Ukraine for 6 weeks because I work at school (KMBC) during the summer to earn money that goes directly towards my school bill. I kept saying I was only going to go for 3 weeks instead. However, I would not be able to do that unless I went with a work team or on my own. S0 I decided that I would hold off on my VIA application process with WGM unless God told me otherwise. Well, The weekend of College Acquaintance Days at school, God told me otherwise! (LOL) He specifically asked me to trust that He would not only provide the funds for my trip to Ukraine, but for me last year of college at KMBC. So I said a complete yes to Him that I would go for the full 6 weeks.

Then this spring was about preparing for my trip, God preparing my heart and those who I will come in contact with, and of course- raising the funds that were needed. To cut it short and to the point, God has done exactly what He said He was going to do! He provided above and beyond for the cost of my trip, plus some that I will have left to help with my school bill! All of the financial support came from Christians and non-Christians alike, family friends, and my home church both at school and here at home who are in support of what God has called me to do- be a missionary. Thank you all again for your help!

Remember, you all have become part of my ministry that I will be doing in Ukraine! Thank you for you prayers. Please pray specifically today and tomorrow for safe travel, and even witnessing opportunities.

Well, talk to y'all later! I got to finish getting ready. I will probably post in a few days from now.

God bless,
Brittany

3 comments:

  1. I miss ya already Sylvester! lol! :D haha you said y'all at the end. That just proves that you go to school in Kentucky! I love ya Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything went well and you had a good flight. Have a great time!!! You will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany...

    God reminded me today about your Blog, so I went on and read all your postings. Sounds like things are going well.

    Will try to check the blog daily from now on to see if any updates

    Love ya lots !!

    Bluffton Bruce (so you know who I am... :) )

    ReplyDelete