Sunday, May 23, 2010

My first Sabboth in Ukraine!

Today was very refreshing and uplifting. In the service this morning, a pastor from a chruch accross town came and spoke about the Pentecost and how it relates to our Father's love. Pastor Sergey, who is the pastor of the church that we went to this morning, helped lead worship, prayer, and sang this morning's special. It was very good service. Oksana translated most of the one pastor's message for us. At the end to the service we had a time of prayer and going around and shaking hands or giving big hugs to each other. You could feel the love of God, and His presence. After that there was a time of testimony.

Then at 3pm today, Bill took Sarah and I to an evangelistic service down town. Sarah and I also met up with Helen down there too. She went to the service with us. The main speaker was from Norway. He spoke in English, and Alex (the Ukrainian who came with Bill to pick me up at the airport to pick me up) was his translator. This was the first "tent" meeting I guess you could say, that I have ever been to even though it was inside a large theatre hall. There were many that went up to the front at the end to accept Christ. It was very moving moment.

Then after this sevice, Bill, Sarah, Helen, and I walked down to the sea side to meet up with Oksana, and her family. While Bill, Oksana, and her family walked upto the sea side, Sarah and I stayed back to talk and pray with Helen. I believe God is going to do something great in Helen's life!

I believe, after really experiencing for the first time how people from another culture worship together in there own country, that even if you do not understand the language or their methods in how things may be done, that you can still truly worship right along with them. I know that is what I want.

God bless,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis!

    I had a few minutes at work to log on (lol)! Sounds like you are having a great time and getting to know several people. You have been blessed with this journey and I cannot wait to hear all about it and see all of the pictures! We miss and love you very much! <3 Ashley and Dylan told me to tell you hi too when I posted! :)

    Hugs & Kisses
    Your big sis!!! :)

    ReplyDelete