Friday, May 21, 2010

My arrival!!

I made it to Ukraine!! Thank you for all of your prayers for a safe travel. They were answered! The plane rides were nice and smooth. Didn't really experience any turbulance. For all three flights, I at least was at the gate I was to leave out of an 1 1/2 hours ahead of time. The flying itself was really neat. I got 2 window seats out of the 3 flights I had. Those were on the smaller planes, not the big boeing 777. However, I got the seat next to the window seat on that one.

On my first two flights I sat by people who wanted to help me not get lost, and gave me even more tips about the airports we were going to be landing in. The first man's name was Glenn, and he was headed back to his home in NY. The second guy was Cory, who was headed to Greece for one of his classes to study Theodacy. He was a Christian, so we had lots of things we could talk about. He actually has family members that are retired missionaries from India, I believe. His input really helped at the Munich airport because he had gone trhough it before. So I followed him until I went through security, and it was sinch!

Then on my first flight I did get to sit by someone who was German, but she was busy reading a book, and I was really tired because I hadn't really slept yet. Then the only concern I was beginning to have was the passport/immigration security check that I had to go through before I could get my luggage. I did not have the address I am staying at written down. It was in my notebook, which was in my luggage (lol). However, the guard translated for me and told the other security person that it was in my luggage, and I could go get it if he really wanted me to. Then the guy just stamped my passport and immigration paper (given to me on the plane to fill out) and told me to go.

Then I met Bill, Frank and Chris (other missionaries), and Alex (Ukrainian) after I got my luggage. Then we traveled for another 2 1/2 -3 hours to Berdaynsk. So my actual travel time was, not including layovers was, 15-16 hours. With layovers, it was about 19-20 hours!

We arrived in Berdaynsk about 7pm their time, and I was in bed by 7:30pm and didn't wake up until 10 this morning. The good thing is that I rested really well, and I think slept the jet lag off (lol)!
God bless,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment