Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sorry I haven't blogged for the last week. ...

Hey everyone! Sorry I have not blogged for the last week. The internet has not been working every time I have tried to get on to write to you. And things have really started to pick up pace! I have found myself exausted by the end of most days.

However, so much has happened since I worte last, and all of it is excitng! Saturday I got to go shopping down at the Bizzare (clothing, shoe, house decore, etc.) with Chris. We had a lot of fun, and I even bought something! But you will just have to wait till I come home to see it!

Then on Sunday I gave my testimony at the Permorsque church in Permorsque. The atmosphere of worship there was amazing.

On Monday our little group of missionaries and workers got together and started planning the VBS/backyard kids club that we are starting June 8th here at the Center. This is a program that is atleast going to be 6 weeks or a little longer and is two days a week. Then if this goes well after the first few weeks, we are thinking about holding a childrens service on Saturday mornings or early afternoons. Out of all of this, I get to help make the flyer to advertise it, help teach, and come up with the crafts! We had our last meeting before we start Tuesday today so that we could finish wrapping things up in what we are actually going to do.

Then Tuesday was Kids Day! at the orphanage the children put on a program for us. they were so cute. And they got to be on TV! There were a few camera men there filming part of it. At the youth center later on I actually beat Stepan 2 times at Skip-Bo, and was about to beat him again (lol), but Angelina (my new little friend) came and wanted to play. She is very sweet girl with a lot of energy! She wares me out (lol), but we have fun!

Since yesterday was my day off, I didn't do anything much except work on the VBS flyer.

Now today was exciting! You know why? Because I got to celebrate my b-day in the Ukrainian way! It was so much fun! And yes, I took pictures. :) Even though it was my b-day, I also really enjoyed just playing at the orphanage and the youth center with the kids. At the orphanage, we got to make little lambs for a craft. The kids just loved them. Then at the youth center I played Skip-Bo, and ping-pong btween Stepan, Bill, little Luisa, and the other kids.

So between the orphanage ministry and backyard Bible club twice a week, and the youth center ministry, I am going to be one busy person! But I am used to busyness. :)

Well I hope this catches you up on what is going on here on the other side of the world! TTYL!

God bless,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Brit'...

    ...will continue to watch your Blog for more news...and will continue to pray for God's spirit to use you to reach some of the kid's for Him.

    Bruce Miller

    ReplyDelete