Thursday, June 24, 2010

The last day for two of my ministries...

Well, things are definitely coming to a close. Today was the last day for two of the ministries that I have been a part since I have been here. Those were the orphanage and Bible club ministries. :(

My last day at the orphanage was a very good one. There were 5 new kids who came to the orphanage this week altogether. Two on Tuesday, and three today. There names are Sasha, Ena (brother and sister), Nastia, Yana, and the other one I seen but she did not stay outside with us, so I don't know her name. Even though today was the first time I had seen Yana, she got attached to me pretty quick. Before I left she told me that she loved me. She even gave me one of the pictures she colored telling me so. When I gave them their gifts, Tonya told them that today was my last day coming to see them because I was going home next week. I think only the older kids like Katia and Yana heard Tonya say that. They gave me very big hugs and were sad when we went to leave. Yana was especially because had just met me, told me she loved me and I told her the same. I would love just to bring them all home with me! :)

The last day of our Bible club went really well too! It went well even though I just found out last night that I was going to be in charge for the whole order of things and what we were going to do today for the club. We had about 16 kids. There were probably 4 or 5 that were new. They too were very sad to here that today was the last day for the club and that I was going to be leaving to go home. However, our last day was kind of a fun day. We had games, songs, a craft, and lesson like we normally do, but for snack we had cake, Coke and orange and lemon Fanta pop. They loved it especially because they don't get that kind of pop very often at home. Everything seem to fall into place, especially the lesson about following Jesus everyday and what things we must do to grow in Him.

Tomorrow is my last day working in the youth center. Saturaday is my last service with the youth. Then Sunday is my last day to go to church and worship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. :( Oh, how I am not ready to leave yet. However, I know I must so I can finish training for the ministry God has for me! Then maybe, if it is the Lord's will and this is where He wants me to be, I will come back and see all my Ukrainian friends!

Yet at the same time I am excited about coming home so I can share all of the funny stories I have, how God worked, show pictures, and definitely just share the passion God has given me to serve Him in missions!

Well, good night! Talk to you soon. :)

God bless,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment