Monday, June 28, 2010

I am sooooo blessed!! :)

Well, my time in Berdaynsk, Ukraine is over. :( The last time I talked with you I had mentioned that two of my ministries were overwith. My last two ended by Saturday.

Friday working in the youth center seemed very odd for me. It did not seem as if that was really my last day working there. The shock of it did not hit me until later. I did not want it to be my last time. I wanted to play with and get to know more of the kids more.

But Saturday was even harder yet. It is funny how God always has chosen to show me the impact that I have made for Him stay whether it is at home on vaction or here in Ukraine. We had 44 people at the youth service on Satruday. That is about double the amount that we normally have. :) Since I went camping with some of them the Saturday before last, I got to know those who I hadn't really been aquainted with yet, and all of them were at the youth meeting on Saturday. I bought cake and pop enough for everyone since it was leaving. So after the service we kind of had a party and played more games and took lots of pictures. Everyone thanked me for coming and told me that they wanted me to come back, and hoped that I would. The most exciting part though was the suprise they all gave me. The youth bought me a stuffed tiger pillow and a box chocolates to show their appreciation for what I had done during my stay here. It was then that God revealed to me that I made more of an impact on people's lives than what I thought. By the time it was all over, I had gotten a lot of hugs and had shaken lots of hands.

Then yesterday was my last time to go to church here in Ukraine. I went to Alex and Stopa's church again (The Church of Christ the Savior) for my last time going to church. I have went there for half of my stay. I came to know and become friends with quite a few people, including their pastor, Pavlo. I truly got blessed in the service. God's presence was there. At the end of the service, pastor Pavlo said for me to thank my home church for allowing me to come and be a blessing and to give their church's greetings and blessings to them. That really touched my heart. So Bluffton First Church of the Nazarene, greetings and blessings upon you from pastor Pavlo and the church!

After the service was over, I took Sveta and her husband Andre, Stopa, Alasa, Alex and Lera with Nora, Bill and Oksana, Tonya, and her two boys Dema and Roma out for pizza. I wanted to do this because these are the people who I have grew close to. We had a lot of fun! However, it was very hard to say goodbye to all of them that I would not see today before I left.

So now I am packed and ready to go, but I think a good part of my heart is staying here. Please pray that I would have a safe trip home, and that God would guide me and give me wisdom once again about going through the airports. I will let you know when I get back home. Talk to you later.

God bless,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment