Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am still alive! (lol)

Hey everyone! I hope everything is going well back in the states! Sorry again that it has been so long since I wrote to you last, but the internet has not been working where I am supposed to have access. However, I believe the problem is fixed now!

So much has happened since I have written last that I can not remember it all. The main thing that has happened since the last time is that Tonya, Oksana, Chris, and I started the backyard Bible club up again for the first time since Shushan was here. So far it has gone fairly well. There have been a few wrinkles that had to be worked out between us workers, but I think everything is fine now.
So far we have had anywhere from 10-25 kids. The kids have seemed to enjoy all of it.

I actually get the opportunity tomorrow to teach the lesson to the kids besides the craft. We will be talking about the fall of man. I am very excited for this opportunity. I pray that God will help me to deliver His message tomorrow.

As for my other two ministries, they are going very well too. The children at the orphanage have just enjoyed the crafts that I have come up with, but most of all they enjoy me just loving and playing with them. Two particular little girls have really taken a fancy to me, and they are Masha and Looba. They are very adorable. However, all of the kids give me hugs when we arrive at the orphanage. The little boys, usually take my things so that I will chase them. They just loved to be chased and caught over and over again. :)

The youth center is not so busy with so many little kids now until about 5 or 6 pm because usually they are at the beach. However, there have been a few more youth actually coming into the center.

The youth meetings have also been great. The Saturday before last there was a game that was played where they just randomly chose one person at a time to sit in front of everybody while they gave complements about that person. Well, you guessed it! I got picked! For most of them not knowing me very well, they did a pretty good jod on gussing some of my characteristics such as being bashful when I am around new people, being an artist, easy-going, and other things like I have a great smile, I am bright as the sun (I was wearing my yellow KMBC t-shirt), I am funny, I have a personal relationship with God, ect. While I was up there, I was so imbarressed I was blushing. Bill made fun of me because of that (lol).

Then this last Saturday at the youth meeting I was asked to give the Bible lesson on Joy. I was very excited for the opportunity. I thought I would be nervous when it came time to give it, but I wastn't. Alex translated for me. I even sang one of my most favorite hymns "It Is Well With My Soul". I felt led to sing that because when we have the true joy of knowing Jesus, we should be able to sing this song whole heartedly. I think I kind of suprised some of the people who have been around me the most that I could sing. However, it was God who sang and spoke through me. I believe that is why that the youth seemed to be very attentive and responsive.

Other things I have done is give my testimony here at Bethel Church, go to the beach twice, and go to Don's house (another missionary) for a young adult fellowship/cookout. All of these things over the past week and a half has been a lot of fun!

Then this Saturday the youth are going to camp out for the night at the campground! And I get to to go! I am so excited! I think there are gong to be at least 10 of us, and that includes the youth leaders Bill and Alex. We are planning to not only have lots of fun, but have time in worship together.

Well, hopefully there will be no more internet problems (lol)! It seems almost unreal that I have been here in Ukraine for a month now! Only two weeks until I come home! Even though I do miss everyone back there at home, I also feel at home here with my new friends I have made. I will miss them very much, and part of me does not want to leave. However, I am not sure if this is where God is calling me. The more I seem to think about it, the more it seems right, but I want to be sure. I am praying that in these last few weeks that God will give me an assurance one way or the other. Please pray with me on this. Thanks!

Well, it has been nice to communicate with all of you again! I hope to talk to you again in a few days!

God bless,
Brittany

3 comments:

  1. God will bless you in all you do in his will.
    love granpa & grama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvester!!! Long time since I've said that! lol :) Hope you're having a lot of fun...probably more than me. lol. Dad and Charlie is doing well. I miss you!
    Love,
    Elmer Fudd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey 'lil sis!

    Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job and having a lot of fun over there. I know God will guide you down the right path as he always does. We are all praying for you. Everyone says hi and they love you! Take care and enjoy the time you have left!

    I love you!! <3
    Hugs
    ~Big sis~

    ReplyDelete