Sunday, June 20, 2010

God is so faithful!!!

Hello again! Since I have talked with you last, God continues to prove His faithfulness to me. I would like to thank everyone for their prayers these last few days. God answered prayers for the backyard Bible this last Thursday when I was to be teaching my first lesson. It went very well. The kids really seemed to enjoy the lesson. I think they learned much. But all the honor goes to God.

I will also be teaching the last 2 lessons for the Bible club this week since this is my last full week in Berdaynsk. Because after I leave, the Bible club will end. I would ask you to pray for these last two lessons. Tomorrow I will be sharing about Jesus' birth and His death on the cross. This will be a salvation message. Pray that God would touch the heart of each child that they may come to know Jesus as their Savior. Then on Thursday I will be speaking about how we continue to follow and serve Jesus after accepting Him as our Savior.

This is also my last week working at the youth center and the orphanage. I will dearly miss all the kids and teens/youg adults I have met and the people I have worked with.

As for the camping trip Saturday, it was a blast! It was not really ordinary camping like what we would consider camping. We camped next to a farm in a few old abandoned farm houses that belong to pastor Pavlo (Alex and Stopa's senior pastor; he pastor's one of the Norwegian evangelist's, Austin, churches).
I even swam in Europe's largest river, the Dugger River, for it was right next to where we camped. As for activities, we hit the softball around a little, played frisby, tossed different balls around, went swimming, sat around and chatted, and had a service around a camp fire.

However I got to do something that I was not expecting. That was to ride a motorcylcle! One of the young adults, Egor, owns a motorcycle. He and his wife are even a part of a bike club, the Berdaynsk bike club which are just simply some Ukrainians who own a motor cylcle and like to go site seeing and things. Egor showed me some pictures. Egor heard from Alex that dad was a biker so he asked Bill if he could take me to on a ride. It was a blast! Egor and Losha (another one of the group) made fun of me when I first got of because I was walking a little funny....I guess (lol).

Well, it is time for me to say goodnight. I have a busy last week here in Berdaynsk. I will be leaving next Monday by train to arrive at Kiev on Tuesday. then I will spend the night in a hotel, and fly out of Keiv about 3 am on Wednesday morning to come home. Talk to ya'all later!

God Bless,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Lord is blessing your trip!!

    Will continue to pray for this last week and your trip home, Brit...and for HIS leading you to where he wants you to serve HIM in the next stage of your life.

    Bruce Miller

    ReplyDelete